MOVED TO http://eternalforestserver.proboards.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» {CLOSED} High Rank Applications
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptySat May 06, 2017 4:13 pm by violet

» Character Profiles (SHADOWCLAN)
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 am by tad

» Character Profiles (CATS OUTSIDE THE CLANS)
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 2:19 am by tad

» Character Profiles (MOUNTAINS)
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 am by tad

» Character Profiles (RIVERCLAN)
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 am by tad

» TEF: MOUNTAINS
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 am by tad

» Character Profiles (DEAD)
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 10:58 pm by tad

» Introductions
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:51 pm by ashfalling_

» 2017 Moon Schedule (Gatherings)
TEF: MOUNTAINS EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 2:06 am by tad

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Most active topic starters
Jay
TEF: MOUNTAINS I_vote_lcapTEF: MOUNTAINS I_voting_barTEF: MOUNTAINS I_vote_rcap 
tad
cov
violet
aries
Rew

TEF: MOUNTAINS

Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty TEF: MOUNTAINS

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:25 am

INTRODUCING:

TEF: MOUNTAINS Flickr_-_%E2%80%A6trialsanderrors_-_Mt._Fox_and_Mt._Dawson_with_Dawson%27s_Glacier_from_Asulkan_Pass%2C_Selkirk_Mountains%2C_British_Columbia%2C_1902

TEF: MOUNTAINS

This update adds the Mountains to the server, introducing the Tribe of Rushing Water and a new group, the Mountain Rogues. This will serve as an informative post for the Mountains.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Use ctrl + f for easy access!

1. Ranks
2. Ceremonies
3. Customs
4. Rules
5. Terminology
6. Herbs
7. Mountain Rogues
tad
tad

http://lambkins.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty RANKS

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 am

I. RANKS

Healer - In the Tribe, the leader is called the Healer. Not only does the Healer lead the Tribe, they also uses healing herbs to cure wounds and sickness. They also interpret the signs of rock, leaf, and water to read messages from the Tribe of Endless Hunting. The herbs used are similar to the ones in the Clans, but in the mountains there are different plants. When a cat becomes the Healer, they are known as the Teller of the Pointed Stones or Stoneteller. They take on a to-be to follow in their pawprints when a sign is shown to them by the Tribe of Endless Hunting.

Cave-Guards
- These are thickset, strong, and big. They are the main fighting force of the Tribe and have the responsibility of defending the cave from predators. They also accompany the prey-hunters on hunting missions to watch out for large birds. These cats are chosen from birth for their physical build.

Prey-Hunters - These are light, slim, and fast. They are the hunters of the Tribe, using stealth and surprise along with camouflage to catch their food. A special technique of theirs is to spy on a small prey, like a mouse, until an eagle comes down to get it. They can then leap on the eagle and kill it, thus delivering two pieces of prey for the Tribe. Prey-hunters often coat themselves with mud; this disguises them, covers their scent, and protects against the wind. Prey-hunters are chosen from birth for their physical build.

Kit-Mothers - These are the equivalent of queens, and care for their kits until they are old enough to become to-bes.

To-Bes - These are young cats in training. At their birth, it is foretold by the Tribe Healer if they will be a prey-hunter or cave-guard. Kits that seem fast and lithe are prey-hunters; kits that look strong will be cave-guards. Once this occurs, they can become something else, but as noted by Brook in The Sight to Hollypaw, most do not.

Elders - Elders are really the oldest cats in the Tribe. Elders are retired from being Prey-Hunters or Cave-Guards. They are often consulted in difficult times.
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty CEREMONIES

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:28 am

II. CEREMONIES

“Let all cats gather beneath the Tribe of Endless Hunting for a meeting!”

KIT > TO-BE

Healer: May the Tribe of Endless Hunting approve of my choice. This kit wishes to become a full-fledged Cave-Guard/Prey-Hunter in the eyes of you and their Tribe, but must first become a to-be. [Kit name], from this day forth, until you have earned your place in the Tribe, you will work toward this through extensive training.
[Trainer], you will train [kit name]. I hope that your [trait] and [trait] will pass through you to your new to-be.
The to-be and the trainer shake paws, and then the to-be licks their new trainer’s shoulder.

TO-BE > CAVE-GUARD/PREY-HUNTER

Healer: I ask that the Tribe of Endless Hunting approves and accepts this to-be as Cave-Guard/Prey-Hunter in their turn. They have trained hard to understand the ways of the Tribe, and I, Stoneteller, commend them before you as a credit to their Tribe. [To-Be Name], do you promise to serve the Tribe of Rushing Water for seasons and seasons to come, using all of your skills to the best of your ability, to bring honor and pride to your Tribe?
To-Be: I do.
Healer: Then by the powers given to me by the Tribe of Endless Hunting, I promote you to your full rank. [To-Be Name], from this day forth, you will serve your Tribe as a Cave-Guard/Prey-Hunter. We welcome you to the ranks of the Tribe of Rushing Water. May you serve the Tribe of Endless Hunting well.
The Stoneteller and the former To-Be “shake paws,” and the former To-Be bows their head.
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty CUSTOMS

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:30 am

III. CUSTOMS

Sharing Prey - Prey is limited in the mountains, and the Tribe cats keep their bond strong by sharing prey - taking a bite, then passing it around until everyone has had their fill.
Nests - Along with moss, nests are lined with eagle feathers and down to keep them soft.
Names - Tribe cats have long names that are shortened into one word - i.e. “Brook Where Small Fish Swim” / “Brook”. On TEF, we also allow the Ancients’ way of names - i.e. “Gray Wing” “Jagged Peak” “Half Moon” etc. Names are usually based off the first thing a mother sees at birth, so avoid unnatural happenings.
Seasons - In the Mountains, the seasons are referred to as “The Time of Freed Water” (Newleaf/Greenleaf) and the “Time of Frozen Water” (Leaf-Fall/Leafbare)
Religion - The Tribe worships the Tribe of Endless Hunting, a variation of StarClan containing only Tribe cats.
The Telling - A meeting that occurs every full moon, in which the Healer contacts the Tribe ancestors in the Cave of Pointed Stones.
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty RULES

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:36 am

IV. RULES

I. The Stoneteller must not take a mate, nor shall they have kits. They have too much responsibility for such.
II. Borders must be kept. As long as the Tribe respects the Mountain Rogues' borders, the Mountain Rogues will respect the Tribe's.
III. A kit will become a To-Be at the age of eight moons - no younger. The mountains are harsh, and no place for a young cat.
IV. The Stoneteller will choose a successor after receiving a sign from the Tribe of Endless Hunting.
V. The Prey-Hunters hunt, and Cave-Guards fight. Prey-Hunters will be accompanied by Cave-Guards on hunting patrols, to defend them from large birds or other dangers.
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty Re: TEF: MOUNTAINS

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:38 am

V. TERMINOLOGY

Beetle-brain – Friendly insult; similar to mouse-brain
Caught-prey – A dead prey animal caught for the purpose of consumption; similar to fresh-kill
Time of Freed Water – The season of spring, known to the forest Clans as newleaf
Time of Frozen Water – The season of winter, known to the forest Clans as leaf-bare
Tribe of Endless Hunting - Similar to StarClan, these are the Tribe's ancestors.
Giving of close comfort - Act of cats grooming each other; similar to sharing tongues.
Trainer - Referring to the cat who trains a to-be; similar to a mentor.
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty HERBS

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:43 am

VI. HERBS

Though some herbs remain the same, many of the herbs used by the Healer differentiate from those used in the lake territories.

ALDER:
Reduces swelling and prevents infection when chewed and applied to a wound. May also be chewed by a cat with a toothache to reduce pain, swelling, and aid in preventing complications.

ALFALFA:
Used to prevent tooth decay.

ALOE VERA:
Use the gel inside of leaves to cure skin problems or burns.

ASH (TREE):
New shoots are to be eaten, and chewed and applied to the bit of an Adder or Viper to stave off the effects of its poisoned bite.
Seeds of the Ash tree may also be consumed to fight the pain caused by a stitch in the side.

BASIL:
Apply to the paw to treat any paw problems.

BORAGE:
Leaves and Roots should be consumed to stave off fevers. Seeds and leaves should be consumed by the nursing Queen to increase available milk.
Borage should never be used dried, only green. Can be easily identified by its star shaped flowers. Small plants with pink or blue flowers and hairy leaves.

BRAMBLE TWIGS:
Chew this to a fine syrup. It helps cats sleep.

BROOM:
Not commonly used. Used in poultices from broken legs.

BURDOCK:
Leaves may be chewed and applied to wounds that are clear of infection to speed healing.
Roots may be chewed and applied to a wound to draw infection from it. Especially good for rat bites. Tall stemmed thistle with a sharp smell and dark leaves.

CATCHWEED:
Burrs can be used to help hold treatment onto a cat.

CATMINT:
Leaves and Flowers can be used to relieve congestion and coughs. Used to counter greencough and whitecough. A leafy and delicious-smelling plant. They are rarely found in the wild, and are mostly found in Twoleg gardens. (white cough)

CELADINE:
Used to strengthen weak eyes.

CHAMOMILE:
Leaves and Flowers may be consumed to sooth a cat and add to their physical strength.

CHERVIL:
The juice of the leaves are used for infected wounds, and chewing the roots helps with bellyache. A sweet smelling plant with large, spreading, leafy, fernlike leaves and small white flowers.

CHICKWEED:
If there is no catmint around, it is a good substitute to counter greencough.

COBWEBS:
Gathered and pressed into wounds to slow or stop bleeding. Generally only used with wounds that risk bleeding heavily as they can cause increased risk of infection. Also used to bind broken bones.

COLTSFOOT:
A flowering, dandelion-like plant with yellow or white flowers. The leaves are chewed into a pulp, and given to cats with difficulty breathing or a cough. It also can be used to treat kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads.

COMFREY:
Large leaves and small, bell-shaped flowers, which range in color from pink, white, or purple. Its fat, black-colored roots, when chewed into a poultice, can be used to repair broken bones or to soothe wounds.

DAISY LEAVES:
Daisy Leaves are thick, dark green, oval shaped leaves. Chewed into a paste, it can help aching joints.

DANDELIONS :
The white liquid inside the stem is used for bee stings. Its roots can also be chewed to act like poppy seeds.

DEATHBERRY (DEADLY NIGHTSHADE) and HOLLYBERRIES:
Berries, or any other part of the plant, when consumed will kill the cat who swallows if they are not given immediate help, and even then they may not always be saved.

DOCK:
The leaf is chewed and applied to scratches to soothe them. Also can make a cat's fur slippery to help her out of tangles such as in a bramble bush.

DRIED OAK LEAF:
Used to stop infections.

ECHINACIA:
Used to ease infection.

FERNS:
Used to clean out wounds.

FEVERFEW:
Leaves can be used to reduce fever, in addition to being consumed to aid against colds and stomach ailments.

GOLDENROD:
The poultice of this is for healing wounds.

HEATHER FLOWER:
It can be included in herbal mixtures, to make it easier to swallow.

HONEY:
Used to sooth the throat. Particularly good for smoke inhalation. Also helps cats swallow other medicines.

HORSETAIL:
The leaves are chewed up and applied to infected wounds. A tall, bristly-stemmed plant that grows in marshy areas, like ShadowClan’s marshes near the island in the lake territories.

JUNIPER:
Juniper berries grow on a bush with dark green, spiky leaves. The berries are purple in color, and can soothe bellyaches, give strength, and help troubled breathing. It is also used to help calm cats.

LAMB’S EAR:
Used with Ragwort to help an exhausted or weakened cat.

LAVENDER:
Leaves & flowers are particularly good when eaten for easing pains in head and throat, and curing fever. Inhaling the scent of fresh flowers can also calm the nerves. A small, purple, flowering plant that cures fever and chills.

MALLOW:
use to soothe the belly. The leaves are best collected at sunhigh, when they are dry.

MARIGOLD:
Leaves and Flowers should be consumed to relieve chills.
Leaves and Petals can be chewed and placed on wounds to prevent infection. A low-growing flower that is bright orange or yellow in color. The petals or leaves can be chewed into a pulp and applied to wounds as a poultice to stop infection. It could be used to treat rat bites, but it's sometimes not strong enough.

MOUSE BILE:
Bile from the liver of the common mouse may be harvested and used to kill stubborn fleas and ticks.

MUD:
Soothes hornet/ bee stings. Apply and let it dry and fall off on its own, taking the stinger with it.

NETTLE SEED:
Like yarrow, can be used if a cat has swallowed poison.

PARSLEY:
Used to stop the flow of a queen's milk.

POPPY (WILD):
Small black seeds that are shaken out of a dried poppy flower head. They can put a cat to sleep, or soothe shock and distress, but is not recommended to nursing queens. They are given by wetting the paw, pressing on them, causing them to stick to the paw, and then having the sick or injured cat lick them off. Another method is to place them on a leaf, and have the sick or injured cat lick them off from there. They also help soothe pain.

RAGWORT:
Used with juniper berries to treat aching joints or other muscle soreness. Crushed and mixed into a poultice with juniper berries, it can help aching joints. It can also be used to keep a cat's strength up.

RASPBERRY LEAVES:
A herb used in kittings. It could be a painkiller, or to help stop bleeding during the kitting.

RUSH:
This herb is used to bind broken bones. It has long narrow leaves and lavender colored head stalks.

STINGING NETTLE:
The leaves are applied to reduce swelling, while the seeds are ingested by those who have swallowed poison.

SNAKEROOT:
Used to counter poison. Snake bites, too.

TANSY:
Leaves, flowers, and stems should be eaten together to remove worms.
Leaves may be chewed to relive joint aches.
Flowers should be consumed to remove coughs.
Pregnant Queens should NEVER be given tansy, for it causes miscarriages. The tansy plant has round, yellow leaves, and a very sweet and strong smell, making it good at disguising a cat's scent. It is used for curing coughs, but must be eaten in small doses.

THYME:
Should be consumed to calm the anxious cat, or to aid in brining restful sleep. This herb can be eaten to calm nervousness, anxiety, and cats that are in shock.

TRAVELING HERBS:
Traveling Herbs consists of sorrel, daisy, chamomile and burnet. Chamomile strengthens hearts, and calms cats. The other herbs are unknown.

WATER MINT:
Used to help cure bellyaches. A green, leafy plant found in streams or damp earth. Usually chewed into a pulp and fed to cats with suffering from a bellyache.

WILLOW TREE:
Water from beneath the bark of the flowering willow may be dripped into the eyes to help clear blurriness of vision. It may also be applied to dry patches of skin to sooth itches.
Small amounts of Willow Bark may be consumed to ease pain, act against inflammation, and to ease diarrhea or fevers.

WILD GARLIC:
Rolling in a patch helps prevent infection. When rolled in, it can help prevent infection. Especially good for rat bites. Due to its strong smell, it is good at hiding the scent of a certain Clan, and disguising cats on raids.

WILLOW BARK:
This bark serves as a painkiller.

YARROW:
Entire plant should be consumed to induce vomiting.
Entire plant should be chewed and applied to wounds to relive pain and prevent infection. A flowering plant whose leaves can be made into a poultice, and applied to wounds to extract poison. Also will make a cat vomit. The ointment of yarrow can also be used to soften and help heal cracked paw pads
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty MOUNTAIN ROGUES

Post by tad Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 am

VII. MOUNTAIN ROGUES

The Tribe used to be on it’s own in the mountains - however, in Outcast, a rogue group joins them, causing them to split their territory. Though the rogues agreed to respect the Tribe’s borders, they often still have skirmishes - similar to life in the Clans.

The rogues are led by one leader, and have no specific ranks except for the Leader. There is also a nursery for the queens. Rogue names are natural things, similar to loners. So you would see a name like "Flower" or "Stripes" (describing a quality of a cat) but not a name like "Adam" or "Princess".
tad
tad

Back to top Go down

TEF: MOUNTAINS Empty Re: TEF: MOUNTAINS

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down